Remove Subview Rule

HI,

I have a button in the view, when user click on this button I show the subview. I am accidentally delete this button without remove the subview rule. Therefore I still have a subview rule in my view.  I try to remove the subview, but I could not delete it because it said "The items cannot be deleted because they are in use. See below for more detail". I did try to go the view where it used the subview, but I can clear the subview either.

How I get around it.

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +10

Cancel Checkout...

Start all over... make sure every step you click on save to keep close track of your changes... checking regularly to make sure its all wired properly.

Hope this helps

Dino.

It is too late for cancel checkout.

The problem is I already save and checkin

The way around this if you want to get rid of that rule is to create a new rule with the same name. A window will come up asking if you want to use the existing rule. Say Yes to this and then delete the subview launch rule. It will require you to add another rule. Simply add a basic rule that does not launch a Subview (like a Clear View method) and save this. Strangely, it does not save that clear method change, but the original subview launch is gone.