Solved

Remove Document Permissions - Selecting Groups

Badge +10

In K2 Studio, how can I specify multiple SP groups to remove permissions? K2 studio allows me to pick only one SP group at a time.. does it mean, if I have five groups to remove, I will have to create five events? 

What I am doing wrong? Can someone please try? If you can select multiple grops? We are on version 4.7

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by khanh1 8 April 2018, 00:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

The SharePoint 2013 Remove Document Permissions step only allows you to pick a specific user/group from the list of available users/groups, see link below. I’m not sure that it’s possible to drag and drop a user/group from the Context browser. Perhaps, you can call the Document Library SmartObject’s Remove User or Group Permissions from Document… method via SmartObject event to get around it. I would also recommend submitting feedbacks on this to get the document update.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#Thick_Client_Wizards/Document_Events/Remove_Doc_Perm/Remove_Doc_Perm.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CK2%2520Studio%7CWorkflow%7CEvent%2520Wizards%7CSharePoint%25202013%2520Documents%7C_____13

Badge +10

Thanks!

i understand I can’t drag and drop uses/groups. Here my issue is little different. Here I am trying to select multiple groups at the design time to remove permissions but  in k2 studio I can only select one group in one event. Check k2 for share point workflow, there you can select multiple groups. 

Badge +10

THANK YOU!! I used Smartobject event then I was able to do what I wanted. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think about that.

Learning something new everyday.