jan
Nintex Newbie

Relationship between K2 blackpearl farms and SharePoint farms

Hi,

One of the concepts I'm trying to wrap my head around is the relationship between K2 blackpearl farms and SharePoint farms. The impression I get is that there is a one-to-one mapping of K2 to SharePoint farms. In other words a SharePoint farm can support a single K2 farm and a K2 farm can support a single SharePoint farm.

In the Supported Topologies document there is a section about multiple farms (http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/4.6.9/webframe.html#Multiple_SharePoint_K2_Farms.html... and it looks like it's 1-to-1.

Is my understanding correct, or is it possible for a SharePoint farm to use more than one K2 farm or alternatively for a K2 farm to be used by more than one SharePoint farm?

Please let me know!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mike_K2
Nintex Newbie

Re: Relationship between K2 blackpearl farms and SharePoint farms

Hi JanG,

I can say with some certainty that you can attach multiple sharepoint instances to the same K2 server, so I know you can have a 1-to-many relationship from that side.

As for multiple K2 servers pointing at the same sharepoint farm, aside from a load balanced K2 server configuration, I can't really put my head around a use case where we would need multiple K2 instances pointing to a single sharepoint.  Theoretically yes, I think it's possible, but I can't imagine it being useful.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos