set workflow status action

• 31 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

hello ,

i am building nintex workflow for sharepoint 2019 and i am using the action set workflow status to set custom string value in each step in the workflow  e.g waiting manger approval , waiting Ceo approval etc .

the problem  that after ruuning the workflow  the value i have set before not updated in the status column in the task list  just i see the following status  running ,completed ,in completed   

so how to resolve this issue ?

thank you 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
The set workflow Status action only updates the the status on the item it is run on, not on a task items that may be generated by the workflow.
You would need to use an update item action to specifically update a column in the task list to acheive this funtionality.
Badge +1

hi,

how can i capture this value from the item on other words where the set workflow action stroe this value 

thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

"using the action set workflow status to set custom string value in each step in the workflow"
So you have the status, now update a column for the task with the same status.
Badge +1

hi ,

when i use this action during  each step the value added as follow in the image so my question is

where this value "status text stored"  becuase i need to update the staus column in task list with value ? 

7084iAD816D6003B62047.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/4.5.2/#cshid=NintexWorkflowSetCustomWorkflowStatus

Updates the status of the workflow instance as shown on the Workflows page and, for list workflows, in the workflow status column within the list.

You can use this action to track workflow status during the progress of the workflow instance, assigning either standard or custom workflow status values. Standard workflow status values include "In Progress," "Canceled," "Completed," and "Errored."​

The value is not stored anywhere. You will need to create a variable and store the value if you would like to use it on you task list.