Solved

Populate ListBox/ListDisplay from textbox entries?

• 8 March 2018
  • 3 replies

There's something that I feel should be simple but I may be missing something.. 

I want a user to enter something on a textbox, then press a button, and for the View to take that text and insert it into a List Display, or a listbox. 
The reason I want to do that is because I will be sending out a form with a list of software, and I want to give users the ability to add to that list.

I have tried "data transfer" with a rule and that does not populate either list with anything additional, honestly I cannot even get the List Display to show.

11128iF39B335E08A173ED.png

icon

Best answer by Kran 10 March 2018, 13:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I believe the ListBox control is meant to be used for 'selecting/displaying' purposes; not 'creation/population' purposes.

The ListBox control will require that a static list of values or a SmartObject be configured as the data source to display the data.

When you transfer a semi-colon delimited string of item into the ListBox Control, it will select those item (in light blue) from the list of items available (base on the value, not display; in my example, both value and display is 'computer', however you can have value = 1 and display = 'computer' and will need to pass it '1' instead of 'computer')

When you transfer the selected items in the ListBox Control into something else, it will return the list of item selected; as a semicolon delimited string;

In that case is there any control that I can utilize to achive what I wanted? I would like the users to type into a text box, and I would like some sort of list field to show what they have added(ideally something other than another textbox)

Badge +9

Hi davidedpg10,

You can use List view and add Items to it dynamically from text box.