Pick 1 item from 3-item Radio Button list, then save selected item to a SMO and also the others...??

• 11 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Anyone able to help with this and how to acheive this?

1) Got a TESTSMO, has 4 fields as follows: Main Job, Job2, Job3, Job4

2) On my form, I have a Radio Button List which pulls Job Roles for a person from a different SMO and displays them in the View.

3) The users is asked to select their main job role (radio button clicked). At this point i want to SAVE the selected item to TESTSMO field Main Job, but i also want to save the other (non-selected) roles that appear in the Radio button list to TESTSMO fields Job2, Job3, Job4. -The order they are in Job2,3,4 is not relevant, just need to have any roles saved in those fields.

Everything must be saved in one record, not multiple lines

Any ideas how i do this? I know how to save the selected item, but how do you save the non selected items at the same time? Is there a For all rule which can exclude the selected item?

Any help appreciated

2 replies

Badge +6

I would check out the For each item in a list control on a view:

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudos' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Already tried this, but it won't work.
Here's what i get:
I save the checked entry to my SMO and return the ID

I then use For loop on Radio List Control and say for all unchecked, i then want to save each row to a specific Data Label on the form.

So get Row 2 field and put that entry in Data Label2, Row3 into in Data Label3 and so no (max of Five Data Labels).

Then i want to save all data labels on that ID to the fields (so that everything is captured in one record)

The For Loop, how do you get it to Transfer the row1 to data label1, the row2 to data label2....