Update list, if person field in other list changes

• 27 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello All, I am a new user of Nintex. I am using it with SharePoint 2013. 

I have a list named New-Hire Tracker that has 3 "Person or Group" fields:

- New Hire (AD Association)

- Assigned Sponsor

- Supervisor

and a workflow (New-Hire Workflow) that executes every time something changes. 

I have a second list named In-Processing Checklist that is populated by the New-Hire Workflow  by using the "Create Item in In-Processing Checklist List":

6589i2E2A34ED231FE1F4.png

I am unable to successfully update the 2nd list when the 1st list changes. IE: If the Assigned Sponsor in the first list changes, it won't update the second list. I've temporarily disabled the "Update Multiple Items" action because it isn't working. Is there a way to tie the two lists together in a more reliable way so that they update?

5 replies

Badge +7
Hi,

When you try to update the item in the second list, does it comes back with an error? What is shown in the Workflow History?

If you have the ID of the item that the workflow needs to update, it must be very straight forward.
Badge +12

@dbrown515 .....May I know why you're using multiple items? Also, if you want to run the workflow when Assigned Sponsor in list 1 changes, in this case you can trigger workflow based on:

• Start when item created - Yes
  • Start when item modified - Conditionally (in condition just select Assigned Sponsor (previous value) not equal to Assigned Sponsor
Badge +1

Thank you for the replies! @Michel I received the following error: 

"Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type."

@kunalpatel I ran multiple items because I thought I could update several Items at once. 

Badge +7
You should be able to, the issue is related to the value type that you want to update. Please, take a look at post below. Let me know if it solves your issue;

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Run-If-Coercion-Failed-Unable-to-transform-the-input-lookup-data/td-p/50542
Badge +1
Would it be a better idea to set a variable to my New-Hire (AD Association) and Assigned Sponsor fields and then update the In-Process Checklist with that variable?