Solved

Need to copy Display Value into another field to show in list views

• 30 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a drop down for the submitter to use to select who is next (requirement from the end users). I found the article that explains why the Display Value doesn't continue to be the Displayed Value after the initial selection (http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/List-view-not-showing-the-quot-Display-quot-value-of-a-dropdown/ta-p/88971), but I have to find a way to either copy the display value or have the one drop down save both the FQN and the Display Name.

Since this value is then copied into Email Text and used in List View, having the FQN saved is what makes the work - but who wants an email saying hellow to their FQN.

I've tried transferring the data to another field, but it only shows up blank.

There has to be a solution to this somewhere as I'm finding it hard to believe that others don't have the same issue with end uers wanting to always see the display name. 

icon

Best answer by MickiC 7 December 2017, 18:04

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

This may be an oversimpification but I assume that the dropdown list is tied to a smartobject that also has the display name field. Add another control to the view called DisplayNameTxt (it can be hidden) and if you want EmailAddressTxt

Create a rule for a change on the drop down. In that rule do a transfer data.

drill down in the context browser to the dropdown control when you expand it underneath is the smart object (green icon). Expand the smart object and you see the other fields available. Drag display name over to the control, repeat for email. You can do this with any field in the smartobject after you select something in a control tied to a smartobject

Another option is if you are submitting this back to the workflow is to drill down to the smartobejct under the drop down and drag the fields directly to a workflow field.

I hope this helps.

God bless you buddy!!!

I am very new to K2 and was looking for this for the past two days!!!

Honestly you made my day!!!!