Error while building a workflow project with MSBuild (error in configuration nodes)

Badge +1

Hi,

I created a workflow and I can build and deploy it fine on my machine.

I installed the same version of K2 on the build machine and it fails to build with the following error message:

Please ensure that the needed configuration node(s) are configured in your configuration file C:Program Files (x86)MSBuild14.0inmsbuild.exe.Config. Please refer to the help documentation for further details.
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfo2.CreateInstance(PersistableContainerObject parent)
at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfo2.Load(PersistableObject instance, XmlReader reader)
at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfoProvider.Load(PersistableObject instance, XmlReader reader)
at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfoProvider.Load(TextReader reader)
at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.ProjectFile.Open(TextReader reader)
at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.ProjectFile.Open(Boolean showDesigner)
at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.Compiler.WorkflowCompiler.Execute()

I checked the whole K2 installation folder and the MSBuild folder of the build machine against the one on my machine and they are the same.

I did a repair of the K2 installation and still got the same result.

I'm missing something but I can't see what.

Cheers.

3 replies

Badge +6

Hello Arnaud,

Did you run the setup manager in administrator mode on your build machine?  (All Programs > K2 Blackpearl > right click on K2 blackpearl Setup Manager > Run as Administrator).  Verify the license code in the setup manager is correct for the build machine.

Something worth considering might be that MS Build is a Microsoft product and is not specific to K2.  You might have more luck using the K2 Package and Deployment Tool (All Programs > K2 Blackpearl > K2 Package and Deplyment) for a K2 project.  

If your project is in Sharepoint 2013, you can also use the Package dropdown menu on the K2 artifacts page of any lists and libraries you are using K2 with.

Best,

H46Hoya

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

I installed K2 as an admin and I can run the K2 Studio IDE.

My colleague had the same install as on the build machine and he couldn't run MSBuild either with the same error message.

That was a fresh install of K2 4.6.11 (4.12060.1735.1).

It works fine on my machine but I did an upgrade from K2 blackpearl 4.6.1 (4.12060.1500.0).

Not using MSBuild isn't quite an option as we use Visual Studio to work with K2 projects.

We also rely on MSBuild to produce packages as part of our build process and that was working before.

Cheers.

Badge +1

I fixed it.

I followed the topic 

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Problem-with-deployment-of-package-in-new-version-of-K2/ta-p/83331

that directed to the page

http://help.k2.com/kb001637

I followed the steps and now it builds.

Odd that my machine doesn't need this configuration and still works fine.

Cheers.