VishalS
Novice

Multiple K2 servers pointing to same SP 2013 server

Hi All,

I have a K2 production environment built by some other consultant which is pointing to one SP 2013 server.Now I'm building up a Development environment but the problem is that  I have to use same SP server used in Production.So I'm bit worried if something goes wrong with Prod 😛 .I read few documents on this but still not getting that confidence to touch the same SP server and link it up with development envrionment as i have also read that there could be some security issues related to K2 Oath certificate and all.

Tools Used :- K2 BP 4.6.8,K2 Smartforms 1.0.7,K2 for Sharepoint 1.0.1 

Please guide me how to carry it forward.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Multiple K2 servers pointing to same SP 2013 server

Hello,

Their should not be issues with pointing 2 K2 Servers to the SharePoint server. I would recommend if you do this to create a Site Collection for Dev and for Prod. This way we can keep things a little more seperated than they would be otherwise. It is always better to have a Prod and Dev SharePoint configuration in addition to K2 but it can be done. Make sure that you are squeky clean with your configuration of it though, as if they cross one another, there can be issues that will be tough to track down.

0 Kudos
ajo
Novice

Re: Multiple K2 servers pointing to same SP 2013 server

Hello,

You might also want to read into this KB article:-
 How To: Allow multiple K2 Servers to use the same SharePoint 2013 Farm

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos