Markup and editing PDF file in K2 smartform

• 14 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

Can we do PDF markup and editing with K2. for eaxample if user attached the PDF file with samrt form and Reviewer wants to edit the pdf file and send for approval, can we do this with K2.

I am using K2 Blackperl, Please let me know if this is possible with K2.

Also if not, please suggest other way to achive this.

Thanks,

Prafull

3 replies

Badge +8

Prafull,

I am not sure about editing a PDF with K2 however, In the market place there is a free PDF tool available that will allow convert your form into a PDF and attach it or send it in an email. Unfortunately the way the PDF is created is more like a screenshot converted to a PDF. But, with some creativity the form could be the point of data entry and a PDF could be created and sent for approval. If the form is edited again a new PDF could be created or something to this nature. 

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Web-to-PDF-Service/ba-p/1061 

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +5

Prafull, can you clarify if this is just a generic PDF document or is it a Adobe PDF Form (Acroform).  Can you provide some more details on the use case.

There are likely a number of options to solving this need, but the more info we have on the use case, the easier to respond. 

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Its generic PDF file which requestor will attach while creating the request. So approver may editmarkup pdf file and suggest changes. PDF markup like drawaing on PDF, comments etc.

Thanks,

Prafull