Any suggestions on how to review performance and optimize a K2 Form ??

• 19 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +10

So here is the issue... have a Form with 3 Tabs.

All togeteher are 7 views like the picture show.

11467i285DEC5115726797.jpg

Basically a List of open items in the First tab...

On Click... the Form navigate to the second Tab where there is 4 views.

Taking the ID from the List Item from Tab 1 is used to Initialize all the Views and render the data.

This ID is the main drivers for the other Lists who include a WRID reference to the main Item and render the Attachments, Follow-up Conversations.

Seems like sometimes the onclick takes longer until 9 seconds to Initizalize all the Views in Tab2 and some times is very fast about 3 seconds.

I wonder if somebody have some suggestions on how to troubleshoot and obtain the maximum performance of the Form for great user experience.

Perhaps will be better to just execute the methods instead of Initialize ?

Will the number of Attachments have something to do with the rendering of the page?

Any ideas will be appreciated it !!!.

Dino

NOTE :: There is a second View on Tab 1 when the Form Start which basically query a list of users from a security SMO, and if it founds the right user is granted access let him go trough otherwise navigate out of the page to another view created to keep unwanted users. 

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I'm on my way out the door, but one quick suggestion is to move from using Initizale to Initialized. There was an interesting blog post that discussed ways to optimize. 

http://www.datalytyx.com/how-to-improve-k2-smartforms-performance/

S.