Solved

ListView (Version 4.7)

• 5 February 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I have been trying to create a list view which pulls in data from an additional smartobjects.

I have created a list view form the master activity list which includes a column for a supplier reference. I have a SmartObject which holds a lists of supplier and the contact names. When the list view initalizes I need it to pull in  the supplier contact name. Is this possible and if so how can it be accomplished. I also need to be able to export the list to Excel. Is there an easy way to do this

Thanks

Regrads

Andrew

icon

Best answer by tbyrne777 6 February 2019, 14:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

As to your first question, my recommendation would be to create an advanced smart object that includes the join to pull in the contact names by supplier Id. I'm not sure what your source is for this data, but one smart object can have multiple service object methods that you can join by Ids (kind of like SQL queries).

Alternatively, a stored procedure that puts everything together for you would perform slightly better.

Many thanks,

Would you have any advice on how to set up the stored procedure. As a relativley new user to K2 in need pointing the right direction sometimes.

Regards

Andrew 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Write a stored procedure that is basicall a select statement that returns exactly what you want to see in your list view. Then, register the database that contains this stored procedure as a Service Instance in either the K2 management site or SmartObject service tester. That Stored Procedure will then become available as somthing you can tie to a SmartObject method. That SmartObject method is what you will use to populate your list view.