Event Notification is not working

Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I installed K2 version K2 blackpearl 4.5 Update (4.10060.1.1370) as distributed environment as below:

- SQL Server.
- SharePoint Server.
- K2 Server

I configured K2-Pass through authentication and  I used clientwindows option.

I developed and configured InfoPath Integration workflow in K2 Studio and I got the below behavior:

* If I enable Event Notification for InfoPath Client Event , I didn't recieve email.
* If I insert Email Activity and setup it, i recieve email.

I did the following  but unfortuanelty does not working:

• On K2 Setup manager, I added email of specific user not service account.

Can any one help me in this scenario.

13 replies

Badge +1

You need to configure K2 blackpearlHost ServerinSourceCode.EventBus.EventAssemblies.dll.config

Pls check this post   http://srininet.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/k2-blackpearl-%E2%80%93-default-client-event-notifications-issue/

Badge +3

I checked the configuration of this file, and It  is pointing to the right SMTP server which I already use it in Email event in k2 process.

Any other suggestion.

Badge +1

Then check From email address config

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/12887.aspx

Badge +3

I checked SourceCode.EventBus.Server.config and I found that sendmailfrom key value is setup to a user email rather that service account email.

another suggestion.

Badge +1

Is it valid email?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Notifications utilize Eventbus/MSMQ where the normal Email Event uses SMTP. If you run the K2 Server in Console mode, do you see any Eventbus/MSMQ errors coming through? Also check the application logs.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

Yes,

User email is AliAAH@domain.com . and I would like to mention that we entered the email in setup manager using lower case character as below: aliaah@domain.com

Is this will make difference?

Badge +3

With respect to Eventbus/MSMQ ,  I have story with this server as below:

• There are conflicting in server name in the server itself and in the active directory as below description:

• In Server Property screen : server name is client-correspondence
    • In server Manager screen : server name is client-corresponde
    • In active directory: server name is client-corresponde
    • In Creating new Message Queue Screen: server name is client-corresponde

• Whence I installed and configure K2, I noticed that k2 cannot create entries in MSMQ folder and the reason was K2 trying to access MSMQ using client-correspondence , so I manually edit SourceCode.EventBus.Server.config file as below:

• change <msmqpath> key value from client-correspondence to  client-corresponde

• change <msmqerrorpath> key value from client-correspondence to  client-corresponde

Do you think that this is make issue with Event Notification.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
AR-SA

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Badge +3

I checked K2 application logs and I didn't find any errors related to MSMQ or Eventbus.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

It is possible…so if I understand correctly with the initial setup of K2 you had error messages where the public queue could not be created. Have you tried changing it to use private queues?

SourceCode.EventBus.Server.config

Hostserverin

<msmqpath>K2GREENPrivate$EventBus</msmqpath>

<msmqerrorpath> K2GREENPrivate$EventBus<msmqerrorpath>

SourceCode.EventBus.ClientRecorder.dll.config

<msmqpath> K2GREENPrivate$EventBus </msmqpath>

REGISTRY

ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftParameters

Workgroup, 1

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

Dear,

After I did the previous changes, k2 working as expected and give me MSMQ Thread Listing in console mode. I have the following questions:

1. why Should I switch MSMQ path to Private Node?
  2. Why should I change workgroup parameter to 1? I installed in MSMQ and configure Domain Integration Services

regards

Badge +3

Thanks friends,

I resolve it. I found another <msmqpath> key on SourceCode.EventBus.ClientRecorder.dll.config which create MSMQ entries in client-correspondenceEventBus and replace it with client-correspondeEventBus . then I restarted K2 service and i got emails from Event Notification.

Badge +10

Excellent! Glad you got it figured out,