Solved

K2 service not starting post setup

• 17 April 2019
  • 9 replies

I am trying to setup K2 4.7 and post setup I am facing issue K2 Service not able to start.

In K2 management console the error is coming as server N____:5555 does not exists.

I tried to repair the entire setup, result still being same, also I found Hostserver.server is not having any entry which is strange as DB is also getting created during installation process only. 

Please advise if anybody faced similar issue!!

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Snehil_J 29 April 2019, 12:21

View original

9 replies

Badge +9

Hi

Make sure you have enouph space on your harddrive.

Regards

Elvis

Hi   @Snehil_J

Are you on a developers license?

Regards Dumisani

Badge +9

Hi

I normally resolve this kind of error by making sure i have more than 65 gigbyte remaining after k2 blackpearl installation, if you have less space, your  services will not start even when you try to start it manually.

Regards

Elvis

Good day Sneil_J

To resolve this issue, please login with your K2 Service credintials and run a repair using that account.

Thank you

Kind regards

Thabang

Hi Dumisani,

We are using K2 Blackpearl Non Production Server License.

Thanks

Snehil

Hi Elvis,

Memory is more than 70 GB for now after installation, strange thing is there is no entry in K2 HostServer.server table during the setup process.

Thanks 

Snehil

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Could you run K2 in console mode and check for any startup errors? (https://help.k2.com/displaycontent.aspx?id=6236)? 

Hi Khanh,
Already tried this step and getting error Server NOC......:5555 does not exists. On further checking I found nothing is inserted in table HostServer.Server during the setup.

Thanks
Snehil

Hi,

The issue was due to presence of special character in password in Service/Installation Account (Both were same in my case).

We are not allowed to use characters (",',<,>,&) in user name and password during the installation.

For me I tried by re-installing after changing the password and it worked.