K2 "Management Site" replacing K2 Workspace - where do I find it?

• 20 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I upgraded our dev environment to 4.7 (ratest cumulative update) wfor no other reason than I was hoping that I could *finally* work with the K2 workspace in a modern browser (as opposed to legacy mode IE). I see that has not yet happened, but I'm reading about a "New K2 Management Site" with similar functionality that is replacing the workspace. Questions:

1. Is that true?

2. Is the new management site automatically installed ont he k2 server side-by-side with the old workspace?

3. If so, what's the path for the new Management site? 

Thanks,

Chris

4 replies

Badge +12

Hi Chris - L,

I can confirm that K2 Workspace does still exist in 4.7 but most of the functionality from workspace will be placed on the K2 managment site itself. I believe the management site should be installed automatically from the installer, and you should be able to access the management site from the start menu >>> all programs >>> K2. 

The file path should be the following:

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsK2 blackpearl

You can have a look at the comparison between the old K2 workspace and the new management site directly below here:

https://help.k2.com/kb001769

For the brand new workspace will be featured within our future release of K2.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Percy

Badge +2

Hm, odd... This is a windows 2012 server, so it's a little different, but I don't see it in the menu (see first screenshot)

Is it a website or a program?

If it's a website, When you click it, what url does it take you to?

Also, the thing I find odd about that page you've linked me to is that it makes no mention of the home page. You know, the SSRS-based page that has the area called "Reports" on the left. I'm really anxious to be able to properly access that in Chrome, and I find it hard to believe that after all this time people are still not able to do so. I've also attached a screenshot of that page in Chrome. 

Thanks,

Chris

Badge +12

Hi Chris-L,

Apologies for the delayed response here. When you upgraded from 4.6.11 to 4.7. did you use the update installer or the seperate installer? 

Also in regards to K2 workspace, the new version will be within our new release of K2 Five. You can review documentation on this below:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/rc/default.htm#K2_Workspace/Welcome/Welcome.htm%3FTocPath%3DUse%7CK2%2520Workspace%7C_____0

Kind regards, 

Percy

Badge +15

Alright, let's see if I can help make this clearer.

First off, in 4.7, even with all the CU and FP, the K2 workspace (the one with SSRS reports) only supports IE. This is most probably not going to change no matter how many updates are being released in the future.

Now Chris-L, for your questions...

1. Is that true?

Yes. The K2 Management page will replace the old K2 workspace > Management Console page. In K2 Five, there will be a new K2 workspace page to replace the old K2 workspace.

The new K2 workspace that will come with K2 Five should no longer require SSRS, so it should work across the common browsers (IE, Chrome, FireFox).

2. Is the new management site automatically installed ont he k2 server side-by-side with the old workspace?

When you install 4.7, the K2 Management page should be installed as well. Your old workspace should also come with it. Again, please note that reports and charts are not available in the Management page. The Management page only serves as a replacement to the Management Console in the old K2 workspace.

3. If so, what's the path for the new Management site? 

It should be <smartforms URL>/Management.

For example, my smartforms site url is https://k2.denallix.com, so my Mangement page is https://k2.denallix.com/Management. You should also see the Management application under your IIS Manager.