I am building a small Form where users can edit their data. Such Form is composed by 2 SmartObjects who fetch their data from SQL though a ServiceInstance, one view with all the fields, a Form and a Workflow so that the editing request can be approved/deined.
I started with generating the SmartObjects on the SmartObjects - Services - Tester using the Service i had previously created to connect to my SQL database. The first SmartObject (lets call it Person) has an association with the second SmartObject (lets call it Type). The first SmartObject has a Foreign Key that's "aimed" towards the second SmartObject's Primary Key. Everything went without a breeze
The second step was to create the view and the form. The view is composed by some Text Boxes and a Drop-Down List whose Data Source is the Type's SmartObject. No problems here.
Things started to become a bit complicated on the WorkFlow part of the project. I went to K2 Studio to create a new project and all that. The problems started when i used the "SmartForms Integration" Process Wizard. On the "Configure Item Reference" window, everytime i go to my View to get the SmartObject i want a reference to, i get a "Associated Control GUID could not be found." I figure it's related to the Drop-Down List since it's the only control that's fetching it's data from another source. Unfortunately, i can't use the Item Reference at all, i guess it got corrupted or something and i really need it. It's either using the Item reference or creating a Text Box for each field so that i can access my Item's Data.
Thanks in Advance.
I got a similar error but not exactly the same so I'm not sure if it's related...
My Item Reference basically became corrupted too so I just ran through the integration wizard again with a new name for the Item Reference and the new one worked.
Edit: The corrupted Item Reference still exists in my workflow though. I can't delete it. Kind of annoying.
After some time looking around to try and solve my problem i found out that what was not letting me use my Item Reference was the lack of DB logins. Funny that i found this out when trying to replicate the problem on a Workflow in Designer. If hadn't done that i would still be here wondering what was going on. I still get the errors whenever i try to access the view but they don't affect my project whatsoever, which is nice but still very annoying.