K2 Studio 2 Destination Sets, one is simple, the other has Multiple Approvers?

• 15 August 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

I pass a datafield containing Main Approvers UserID (this is fine) to the Workflow

Then in the Workflow (K2 Studio) i do a client event and in the Destination Users, I want the request to go to approval to the Main Approvers and any Sub-approvers.

In my destination Rule i have:

All at Once

Specify the number of slots to be created: 1

Resolve all roles and groups to users

I have 2 destination sets:

Main Approvers - This is simply the Userid passed to the Workflow as a Datafiled (works fine)

Sub-Approvers - This is a Smartobject Method to a Smartobject containing UserIDs and a DepartID. In the Input mapping i leave it blank, in the filter i set DepartID = The department i want to filter to give me the Sub-Approvers

return property = UserID

Return all results that match filter.

When running the form, only the Main Approver is getting the request...

Any ideas?

1 reply

Badge +5

A couple quick things to check come to mind. Also, I'm assuming that you only need one of the users to make a decision for this task, hence why 1 Slot is selected.

1. Make sure that your SmartObject call is returning a results list of users correctly when it's called in the workflow.

2. When the user task is assigned with "1 Slot" and you open the form as one of the assigned users for the task, the user that opens the form also opens the workflow task in K2. The task status is set to "Open" in the K2 Worklist and at that point, the task will disappear from all other assigned destination users. The K2 Administrator, or the user that opened the task, must "Release" the task in the K2 Worklist to make it appear for all other destination users.

Here's a link to the help page for Destination and Slot planning, just in case you want to double check that: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#Thick_Client_Wizards/Default_Act_Wizard/Destination_Rule.htm#Slots

If these items don't solve the issue, come on back and let us know here on the community site.

Jason