Newbie needs help with dynamically selecting evaluators

• 18 September 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to implement an approval process in K2 Visual Studio where an originator can dynamically select evaluators to approve an InfoPath form.

The approval process occurs in a serial manner, where each evaluator approves or declines the form and an approval results in an invitation for the next evaluator in the chain to evaluate.

I'm not wanting to use smart objects due to severe time constraints. I've tried to implement this by having evaluators hard-coded into the InfoPath form that is connected to a list of evaluators in Sharepoint Server. I've also tried to use Groups but I'm having a lot of problems with this as this results in emails being sent to the entire group at once, when in fact I need it to be sent to a evaluator one at a time.

I'm willing to try Roles as well but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I'd also like to avoid using XML and other coding languages if possible.

Can anyone help me?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

You will have to look at the destination rule.  Play with the Destination rule options. To get there setup a destination using the group, click on back and select the tick box to run in advanced mode.
If you chose create a slot for each destination with the mail event in mind, all the members of the group will get the mail. Play with the settings there to get the desired result. Keep in mind “slots” mean the number of persons.
Look at the following threat, it might help; http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/31365.aspx
To setup a Role you will have to go to the Moss site > Click on K2 Management > Administration and create your roles there.
Hope this helps.

vernon