Trigger a new K2 process

• 9 December 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Can we have a K2 process inside another K2 process. Can we trigger a new K2 process through an activity action of another K2 process. Actually I want to trigger an approval workflow through an activity, can this be done?? If so please tell the steps to do so. Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +5

From what it sounds like is that you want to start another process from within a current process. If that is the case, you can add an IPC Event to the activity of your choice. Then you can configure it to fire off your new process.

Badge +5

Hi SBOLT, thanks man. Ok. Fine. I used IPC event as my second K2 process to activate. But after deployment, when I go to Process settings, I don't see the second process, since I want to include it in the active Processes, but it doesn't appear in the process settings. Any Idea what might be the reason??

Badge +5

Ok, it was my mistake. since the logged in user was different, so the process was not appearing. But that means we cannot trigger out of box Approval Workflow in sharepoint from within a K2 process. Am I right?? I tried the IPC event, but now I have a new problem. First process's activity triggers the second process, but the second process shows error in the Error Logs section as GUID should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes. The IPC is in synchronous mode, so it is stuck up there. Please help.