K2 Package and Deploying

Badge +7

i created a SMO from sharepoint service using K2 tester to create the SMO, while Packaging the process and error was flag " ServiceObject is referencing the 'ListSetting' ListSetting that could not be found." was unable to package my process

Kindly help with this

13921iF13A09C4FA1AFF78.png

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi DMI007,

The correct way of creating SharePoint artfiacts (service instances, smartobjects) is via the K2 for SharePoint App on SP site, and not the service tester.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2ForSharePoint/UserGuide/4.7/Content/ServiceBrokers/SharePoint/SharePoint_2013_Broker.htm

Badge +7

Thanks Lkimberly

i tried creating the Smarobject from Sharepoint this was the error shown, the went through the documentation, which have actually implement but still showing the error "

Access Denied
To manage SmartObjects you must be a member of a group that has K2 Solution Designer permissions.

"

Good day DMI007

You need to give yourself permissions on sharePoint site settings for you to be able to create SP Smart Objects, please also make sure that you have access to K2 Designer on K2 Management Site.

Thank you

Kind regards

Thabang

Badge +7
Thanks, Thabang
Permission has been given both on Sharepoint site and on k2 management site, but still, the Access denied error showing up

Hi DMI007

If possible can you please attach the screenshot for both sharePoint permisions and management.

Thank you

Hi DMI007,

As Ikberly mentioned, it is advisable to create smartobjects from the sharepoint directly rather than using the smartobject tester tool. However, the error that you receive when using the tester tool is not caused by lack of permissions, it could be that you changed the sharepoint list name and then attempted to package a solution that consists of smartobjects that were created from a different sharepoint list name, hence "ServiceObject is referencing the 'ListSetting' ListSetting that could not be found" meaning that the package is not finding the smartobjects that were created from the initial sharepoint list name.

Did you rename your sharepoint list recently or before you attempted to create the package? if yes, please go to the link (https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Five/P-amp-D-Error-Referencing-the-ListSetting-that-could-not-be/ta-p/106522) and follow the instructions laid out and your issue should be resolved.

Should you find the link helpful in resolving the issue, please could you mark this post as such by "Mark As Solution" or "Kudo" as it will be helpful to other community members that encounter a similar issue.

Regards,

Katleho

Badge +7

Thanks Katlehon,

Tired follow the instructions laid out in the Link you send, On lick of the SmartObject still showing the error "Access Denied".

i have the permission set in the image attached

Hi again,

On the K2permissions image, I can see that permissions are granted to everyone. Can you check to make sure that you are part of that group or not. To check, refer to the image below: CLICK on "edit" to see if your username appears in the "Members" list. If not, make sure that you are added on that group in order for you to have permissions.

Alternatively, add a specific user (which is you) on the permissions as depicted on "K2permission" attachment in addition to Everyone. And then try again to see if you receive the same error (Access Denied).

Regards,

Katleho

Hi  DMI007

On your second IMG on management, please add your specific name, don't look at the everyone group because sometimes it might happen that you not part of it. So if your username is "Test" add that to designer rights and grant admin right to that user. Sometimes the everyone right doesn't take effect.

Thank You

Regards

Thabang

Badge +7

Thanks Katlehon

Tried adding user to member but an flag an error "User does not have modify rights on the 'Everyone' Role"

Badge +7

Thanks Thabang,

i added the username on the designer rights and it grant admin right but still having the same issue