K2 Package and Deploy for SP2013 Document-Libraries

• 15 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi folks,

I'm trying to move my project from one enviroment to another.

I've created the Service Instances for SQL and adjusted the GUIDs, that worked as expected.

However the SP2013 Service Instances completely threw me off. I tried using the same GUIDs with no success.

I made sure beforehand, that the Document-Libraries, I was using were identical.

Is there something I overlooked? Is there a guide on how to do this the right way?

Maybe I just missed something.

Any input is highly appreciated!

Alex

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi AlexS,

In order to deploy SQL smartobjects, the target SQL server should contain and match all the relevant artifacts.  So, your tables/views/stored procedures should be the same between source and targer environments.  The target SQL service instance(s) must be refreshed prior to deployment in order for the schema to match the underlying SQL structure else deployent will fail.

To deploy SharePoint 2013 artifacts, on the target environment, install K2 for SharePoint and deploy the K2 Application to the App Catalog using the AppDeployment.exe available in [Install Directory]:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 for SharePoint 2013 Setup. Create the exact same list or library (column names, fields and content types must match) in the target environment. You do not have to integrate into the list or library, just add the K2 app and run the configuration on the target environment. This will create a required service instance for you to rebind the service object to. If the target SharePoint environment’s site is not set up to mirror the source SharePoint environment at deployment, missing references will be encountered and will need to be resolved before the package can be deployed.

During the deployment you will have the opportunity to link the SharePoint smartobjects to the relevants SharePoint artifacts e.g.  lists and libraries.

The help documentation contains a section that explains the deploment that you can take a look at.

HTH!