Document Wizard options Missing in K2 Web Designer

• 30 December 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have installed K2 blackpearl yesterday on my machine and when i opened K2 Webdesigner, the 'Document Wizards' option which is supposed to be on the right side of the design window is missing.All other wizards are available.  Please let me know what could be done for this.Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Venkat.S 

5 replies

Badge +11
Are you saying the wizard does not appear in the Visual Studio tool box?  Try Right-clicking on the tool box and choose "Reset Toolbox...".
Badge +2

Hi,

We have tried using webdesigner, there is no option for reset tool box. thanks for your reply. We will try using Visual studio.

We are new to K2, we are not sure about how to deploy process using webdesigner and visual studio. we are getting an error invalid URL in build process.

please let us know about how to deploy using info path / smart object (we are getting Runtime.smartobjectmanagent service not hosted)

thanks,

Venkat 

Badge +10

The wizards that are available in the K2 Web Designer are context specific meaning if you designing a workflow around a SharePoint list the List wizards will appear but not the Document Wizards.  Normally if you create a K2 Web Designer workflow around a document library more of the Document wizards and some of the List wizards will be available.  I wonder if this is what you're experiencing.

Badge +2

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. I am working with K2 Webdesigner from Sharepoint Document library, still dont have the 'Document Wizard' option showing on the right side of the Webdesigner Interface. Tried reinstalling the application too, but doesnt work. Also when i design a workflow with the 'Outcome Templates' available in the webdesigner and trying to Deploy, i get an error message as,

'Error:FAILED -Invalid URI: The URI is empty'

Please help me on this. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Venkat.S

Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses. I switched to K2 Blackpearl from K2 Blacpoint and am able to design workflows with it for now without any issues. If anyone had come across same problem and found out a solution, please post it, so that it might be useful for others.

Regards,

Venkat.S