K2 Designer hangs when loading

• 1 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi I have problem with K2 Designer. I have installed K2 blackpearl 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) and K2 SmartForms 1.0 (4.12165.1.0) on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Sharepoint 2010 Foundation. After whole installation when i try to lunch K2 Designer it's loading for ever. Under tekst is screen of K2 Designer. All I can do is choose what i want to show (on the left panel) so its not totally frozen. But its fresh instalation so it doesn't show anything anyway.

Before I had K2 blackpearl and K2 SmartForms installed and K2 designer worked fine but I couldn't integrate it with SharePoint 2010 so I uninstalled it and installed older version.

Any advice is welcome.

15023iC8D3329AEF041690.png

1 reply

Good Day

Have you tried to use different web browsers to launch the designer? K2 Designer by default launches in Internet Explorer which, depending on the add-ins installed and security settings, sometimes cause the K2 Designer to hang as a result of blocking certain javascript. Google Chrome is more flexible in such regards and you can add plugins if asked to improve performance.

Alternatively, you can try launching the Designer from its IIS site and click the https link, input credentials when prompted and it should be working well. 

Follow the steps below for detailed info:-

1. Go to Start menu> Administrative Tools> IIS