How to create k2 instane

• 7 November 2007
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Iam very new to k2.net2003. As per my client requirement i have to creat    Identified K2 Process Instance Variables and how to map them to moss coloumn.Requirement column names and fields are as follows.

Instance variable name    Data type     map to sharepoint coloumn    Description

•  Department name       Text             Department                             Department request is for

Any help is thankful.

Cheers,

sureshr

5 replies

Badge +7
If you're using K2 BlackPearl instead of K2.Net 2003 you can easily map all the necessary K2 fileds with MOSS library columns using standard SharePoint Integration Wizard.
Badge +4

Thanks for quick reply.As per client requirement we have to implement that in k2.net2003.so please inform how to implement that .wether it is possible or not.

Thanks,

suresh

Badge +9

Have you taken a look at the SharePoint 2003 event templates in K2.net 2003 Studio?  This should permit you to map List columns or Document Library columns to K2 process datafields.

You mention MOSS.  You will need to run the "K2.net 2003 Additional Components for MOSS" setup on the MOSS box in order for K2 2003 to work with MOSS.  Please note that this only installs a web service on the MOSS server that allows K2 to interact with it.  It does NOT update any K2 Studio components, so the event templates will still appear as "SharePoint 2003" within K2 Studio.

HTH.

Badge +4

Hi BOB,

Here first i installed MOSS after that i installed k2.net 2003 with service pack 4 in the same server. Then i ran k2 additional components in the same server.But i didn't find any new onthat server.So please inform me  it is proper way of installation or any other way .

Regards,

sureshr

Badge +9
That should be the correct order to install.