Solved

K2 Blackpearl server service stuck on starting

• 2 November 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi, i have a K2 server on my DMZ, the k2 serveice is stuck on starting and the only error i see on all logs is as follows, any help will be apreciated.

0 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Procedure or function 'hServerUpdate' expects parameter '@EnvironmentGUID', which was not supplied.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()

at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll()

ClientConnectionId:be315e89-3261-4876-b1b9-16733f340c70

Error Number:201,State:4,Class:16

icon

Best answer by SnehalRanaCRSP 11 July 2018, 20:14

View original

8 replies

Badge +15

Within the K2 database, there are a number of stored procedures that are used by K2. hServerUpdate is one of those stored procedures, and it is expecting the @EnvironmentGUID parameter. The only cause for this error that I can think of is your K2 blackpearl service is perhaps trying to call the hServerUpdate procedure that does not have the @EnvironmentGUID parameter.

This can happen when your K2 database is using a newer version as compared to the K2 blackpearl you had installed and running, so as a result, your K2 blackpearl service still 'thinks' it is trying to execute an old version of hServerUpdate that does not require @EnvironmentGUID, when in fact, the hServerUpdate stored procedure in your database expects a @EnvironmentGUID parameter.

Are you using the correct K2 database version with the matching K2 blackpearl version? Did you restore your K2 database from a backup?

Badge +6

Was this ever resolved. I am encountering exact same error and wondering if there is a way to resolve this

Hello  @SnehalRanaCRSP,

Are you seeing the exact same issue as the above or is your "K2 Server" just not able to start? Do you see any error messages in the Event Logs for Windows noting ".Net" or anything as this is a common reason for the K2 Server to not be able to start.

Badge +6

It is exact same message which is mentioned in the post. 

Badge +6

Finally got it to work!! Testing this further 

Badge +6

It seems like the 4.7 updater only upgraded partial component. Not sure. We are rolling back the K2 DB and K2 VM to last good snapshot and will be rerunning the update:

Badge +6

Finally got my K2 4.7 upgrade complete.

What am I suppose to do if I am restoring my K2 database from another server but faces the same error?