My Processes Web Part Not Showing Processes When Permission Assigned to A Group

• 31 August 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I have a process that has Start and View Participate assigned to a SharePoint group with NT AuthorityAuthenticated users as it's members. When a user see the My Processes web part with either Processes I've started, or Processes I've Been Involved In they don't see any processes. However if I assign process rights directly to the user, they see all the past processes. What's wrong here? I'm on an evaluation of 4.5 (4.10060.1.0)

Users can always see worklist items assigned to them.

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

I don't think K2 can resolve the NT Authority groups. It sees the NT Authority part as the domain name which would not exist as a domain in your environment. I suggest that you replace the group with the Domain Users group. It should accomplish the same.

Regards,

Badge +5

That makes some sense that NT Authority groups would have that problem, but shouldn't a SharePoint group wrapped around that one of those groups work? I don't want to have to create AD groups.

Badge +10

Hi,

Actually no, that won't work. When you create your Group Provider in SharePoint you specify the K2 labelname which will be used to resolve the AD Users found in the SharePoint Groups. This is by default the K2 label which will contain users defined for your domain. NT Authority will not resolve in this label.

Please note that Domain Users is a group which contains all users who has a login in Active Directory and is a group created by default when AD is configured. All users are automatically added to this group. If you use this group you do not need to manually create any groups and all users will have the correct permissions.

Regards,