I want to know if there is a way to grant specific users access to only certain folders within a document library in SharePoint 2013 using a K2 workflow?
You can use the following link to grand specific access to users: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/current/default.htm#LegacyDesigntools/Workflow/Thin-... or click Here
If this article is helpful please dont forget to mark it as solution and KHUDOS
If I grant them permission on library level, will they not see/access ALL the folders in the library? They should only be able to see specific folders to which they have permission to, not all folders in the library.
Let me quickly give you an idea of how the process will work...... This is a new request that we are currently busy developing....
So, basically what will happen is the following:
1. User completes a K2 smartform with certain information regarding a new qualification that needs to be registered.
2. User uploads relevant documentation in the K2 smartform.
3. User specify additional users who need to have access to the uploaded documentation (point 2.) for this new qualification request.
On submit of the form, the following rules are applied:
1. The form data is saved to a SQL database table.
2. A new folder is created in a 'New Qualfication Request' document library in SharePoint 2013 for the newly submitted qualfication request.
3. The uploaded files/documents of the submitted form is then uploaded to this new folder in the SharePoint document library.
4. A workflow then needs to go and grant the user(s) that was indicated in the new qualification request read only rights on that specific folder (not other folders that were previously created in the same document library with other requests)
Sorry, I think you misunderstood - the screenprint that you attached - if I'm not mistaken, this is to grant specific users access to a K2 smartform folder / form?....
click the below link, on the left hand side click download button and check how to set permissions or click Here
In the Security section, environment permissions can be applied for users and groups. This can be used to control who may Read or Edit values stored in the Environment Library.Add Environment Permissions for a User or Group
Follow these steps to give a user permissions within the environment.
|Search||Specify whether the search covers just users or groups or all.|
|Label||Specify which label will be used in the search.|
|Type||Specify the type via the drop-down.|
|Display Name||The display name of the added user or group.|
|Read Only||Allows the chosen user or group to only Read the value of the Field.|
|Modify||Allows the chosen user or group to Modify the Field.|
Follow these steps to edit user permissions in the selected environment.