Datamodel documentation K2serverlog database

• 23 January 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I used to have a document on the datamodel of the K2.net 2003 databases. I've seen the document Database reference in K2 Blackpearl, but that is just a list of all the tables and fields. The nice thing about the K2.net 2003 document there was a short description of every table and field. In our project there is a team that will only do reporting, and it would be nice to hand out a document that will help them out

2 replies

Badge +4

The K2 blackpearl database is quite similar to the K2.net 2003 DBs, therefore you could use the K2.net 2003 documentation for the common tables. As far as I know there is no specific documentation for the DBs except for the the documentation you mentioned in the K2 blackpearl online help. Keep in mind that this type of reporting directly against the DBs is not supported.

It is recommended to use the K2 SmartObjects, via the K2 ADO Data Provider, used in the standard reports available in K2 blackpearl. You could either edit a copy of the standard K2 reports, available in SQL Reporting Services, or design a new report from scratch.

Badge +1

Thank you for your answer: I must have the K2.net 2003 documentation somewhere......I think....
Anyway, the reason why we want to query the log database directly, is because we don't use any K2 interface at all.
In this project there is a strict architecture, and the responsibility for reporting all business data (not just K2) lies with a whole other team. Architecture is already predefined, where we just have to supply data to a datawarehouse. In this case I don't see the value of smartobjects just yet, but maybe I'm missing something?