Standard Reports empty

• 24 March 2010
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Recently we installed a new K2 development server. All works fine except that the standard Workspace Reports (like Process Overview) are empty. I checked the following issues:

• all useraccounts have view rights per process
  • processes have instances
  • users have browse rights in Reporting Service
  • _mssp2007_apppool useraccount has all workflowserver rights

Could somebody help?

Yours,

Ruud

3 replies

Badge +2

I share your pain here. I had the same thing happen on my K2 dev box when i first started using it. this was given to me from a K2 guy

If you are encountering issues with the Reporting Services component, validate that the following configuration changes were made to the appropriate files, located in the below folder:

C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1Reporting ServicesReportServer

Note: In the location above, note that the MSSQL.1 directory depends on your specific environment. Your folder may differ depending on where Reporting Services was installed.

rsreportserver.config file:

<Configuration>

<Extensions> 

<Data>

<Extension Name="SOURCECODE" Type="SourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient.SOConnection,

SourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient, Version=4.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d"/>

</Data>

</Extensions>

</Configuration 

rssrvpolicy.config file:

<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup" version=" Name="CustomDataExtensionCodeGroup" Description= "Code group for the Custom Data Extension" PermissionSetName="FullTrust">  <IMembershipCondition class="UrlMembershipCondition" version="1" Url="C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1 ReportingServicesReportServerinSourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient.dll"/>

</CodeGroup> 

Badge +2

Thanx for your reply.

The configuration changes where not made to our environment, but in our other environment, where the reports work fine, these changes were made neither. So, I don't think this will solve the problem. I'll drop a supportticket.

Greetings,

Ruud

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Ruud

Are there any errors or is the report just empty? Browse to the Reports web site and ensure the Workspace Service account is a Content Manager. Also try running the report directly from the site, the reports can be found under Standard Reports > Hidden. Does it work from here?

Vernon