Is it possible to determine the method used to action an activity?

Badge +4

Is there any way to tell if an activity was actioned via email SmartAction vs via the worklist or via SmartForm etc? Would like to add this information to a custom audit trail...

3 replies

Badge +8

Oremac,

I do not really know the answer to this question. I do have an idea if nobody provides the answer you are looking for. You can create extra columns in the DB to let you know how it was actioned. You can then create a rule on button click to populate the column with a term. Maybe the term is "Actioned from form" or something like that. I do not know how you would capture something to let you know that it was actioned by email. The idea if you could look at the entries and if it says "Action from form" then you know it was from the form. If it is blank you know it was actioned from an email. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +4

Thanks Bryan. That will probably work for my specific use case, since I really only care if it was actioned via the web vs. email or the worklist.

Badge +8

I am curious to see if there is a straight foreword way to do this. I am sure I will need to know the answer to this questions in the future.