Installing a SSL Certificate on Prod - Will this affect other K2 Applications on Server?

• 1 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I am tasked with installing a SSL certificate on our production server. This SSL certificate will only be used by one K2 application that was custom built using .NET. 

I was wondering if installing the SSL would affect any of our other K2 applications running on the server. Has anyone run into this scenario in the past?

The .NET application is on a different port as the other applications. 

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I'm assuming you want to switch K2 from HTTP to HTTPS. I would recommend that your talk to our K2 Remote Service Team or open a service ticket with them on this. Just to name a few, does your environment integrated with SharePoint? Is SharePoint using HTTP or HTTPS?  Are there any existing tasks such as unfinish worklist items or active worklist items? Those would need to reflect the change if you plan to move to HTTPS.

Hi, 

No our application is not integrated to SharePoint. 

So simply installing a certificate on the server will mean that all active workflists items need to be re-configured? And this will cause applications to react differntly?

Is it possible to have only one application use the new certificate while all others remaining the same as they are right now?

Thanks