Multiple attachments in the smartform

• 30 September 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

We have submit service request form, in that form want to implement the attachement functionality. Have completed attachement for single using system workflow attachment smartobject. for smart object created Item view to attach file. But now we are trying to implement for the Multiple attachments. Kindly refer the attached image for UI, we are looking for multiple attachments. also advise if any other approach to achieve the multiple attachment functionality in the form.

Appreciate if someone help on this.

Thanks

Gangadhar

11157i1090FC9589C99B8D.jpg

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Gangadhar

The only way (I know) to implement this is to create a separate SmartObject to store attachments and then to create a ListView for that SmartObject. If, for example, you are using SQL, create a table "Attachments" and give it the following fields:

• ID (autonumber)
  • Attachment (nvarchar(max))
  • RequestID (Int)

Then create a smartobject for this table  (setting the Attachment field to type File) and then an editable list view (hide or remove the ID and Request ID columns) . You can drop this list view on your form, and users can add multiple attachments. When the form is saved, save the Request data first, return the ID, and then save the attachments passing in the RequestID.

Badge +1

Thanks Andrew.

I have tried using the Workflow attachement smart object. below are steps.

1. Createed an editable list view based on workflow attachment smartobject, this editable list view will only allow users to add new rows to insert attachments.

2. Created a rule in submission form to call the add attachment method to save all those rows added when the user submits the form. Passed in the process instance id.

3. On approval form, created a read only list view so that the attachments list will be displayed.

4. As user cannot download the actual file from the list view. To do that, created an Item View to display the file attachment itself.

5. Then on the read-only attachment list view, created a rule on list double click to display the item view as a subview. Passed in the ID of the attachment, not the  process instance ID.

6. Now The user/approver can download the attachment from the item view popup window.

Few more questions.

Noticed that the System Workflow Attachment SmartObject only allows you to add new attachment and retrieve attachment, there is no option to delete attachments.

So i need your help, is there any way to delete attachements once requester attached more and later decided to delete few from those.

Greatly appreciate, looking forward for your reply.