If And Else Condition execute together at same time

• 18 March 2017
  • 6 replies

I am facing an issue of ( If & Else ) Rule, which is execute after parameter change. Conditions as below.

/--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if TempLinkNo does not contain a value

then on Listname SmartObject, execute its Get List Items method ( configure )

else

then transfer data (configure)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

1.)

if TempLinkNo contain value then only else is working And

if TempLinkNo does not contain value then both are working IF & Else

2.)

When i remove this rule and again create new same like this then condition is working properly Either TempLinkNo is contain Value or Not.

But After  1 or 2 Hours this condition will automatically stop working properly  and again it will be come same as before condition, mean IF & Else start working together Either  condition is True or False.

I am facing this Issue last 3 days and during these day i have minimum 8 time removed this rule and re-create it but its work for minimum 1 or 2 hours.

Please let me know why is happening...

14103i0BF5A82D8CFC1D21.png

6 replies

Badge +6

Dude , you must be doing something wrong or in deta return as well . please check once again . you can drill one more label of validation ..

Else

if TEmp LInk No Contain value then

Data transfer

please check now whats appening .

Thank you for your response.

Actually i have already check this condition that you suggest me. but the problem was same both condition work fine when ever i write the new rule but after 1 or 2 hours its again stop. and execute the both condition.

please suggest me what i do.?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear,

There is 1 scenario im thinking of, can you please add "show message" rule before the if condition?

i feel like you are calling this method 2 times, somehow in your get items list method you are returning a value to EmpID and since the event triggers when EmpID is changed, then you might be calling this method twice.

and the scenario is when you call it twice, i think that one of your "get list items" methods is retreiving a value for "TempLinkNo", so the first time this rule is triggered "TempLinkNo" is null, but the second time this rule is triggered "TempLinkNo" Has a value, thats why you might see that if and else conditions are both executed .

Please check them carefully and keep me updated if its solved.

Regards.

Thank you dear for your reply..

that you mention regarding this scenario may be you are right.. But if i am passing same EmpID for change event, it is working fine.. My Question is why it is stopping the work end executing both at a time on same EmpID change event.

I have already removed the TransferData and SmartObject and instead of this i placed the Messagebox same problem is occurring.. Both Condition Executing..

Now i have recorded the video on this scenario in which you can seen what i did and what is happening..

But I can not Upload due to Size limit... but i am attaching some screen shoot.

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear,

From the screen shots i can see that the if and else condition are both executing ... but i didn't mean it this way.

i need you to add a show message before the iff condition.

I want to see if this event is triggered 2 times, or is it triggered 1 time and if&else conditions both executed at the same time.

add the show message and please re read my comment up for more details.

because if the rule is executed 2 times, then the problem is solvable, the issue will be that first execution you have no value inside TempLinkNo and the second execution you will have a value inside TempLinkNo.

Regards.

Thanks for comment.

I have checked every thing and now i am also attaching 4 screen shoot, in which you can see first message that is showing TempLinkNo is empty so according to this condition First if condition is executing but same as after if Else also is working..

If and Else works on the bases of true and false, and i should be execute only one either IF or Else.

Now Suggest me what kind of this bug. because yesterday it was working fine after create a new rule but today the problem is same as before.

Thank you.