How to use property bag in K2 Workflows

• 12 September 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Is it possible to store some the vaules of some of the controls of a SmartForm in a Property Bag and use it the forms assoicated workflow?

Thanks in Advance

2 replies

Badge +7

Hello Swayam S,

K2 does not have any documentation stating that you can or can't use a SharePoint Property Bag. Are you using SharePoint 2010 or 2013? I can't for sure say that knowing this info will matter but maybe someone else will have some additional advice and could use that tidbit.

From what I've been able to dig up, I've found one customer who used SP Property Bags into their DBs and it threw them an error. Yet, since it was not a K2 product related issue, it was not supported. From that, I feel like it may be better to not use Property Bags, but that's entirely your decision. 

If you want a more serious, solid answer, you are welcome to log a ticket about this.

Good luck and regards,

Alyssa

Badge +3

Not sure if this helps, but I created a .NET assembly with a static function to pass around a JSON serialized property bag as a string.

It was a pretty simple .NET data structure and I exposed it using a EndPoints Assembly (.NET) service broker.

Chris