Multiple email attachments

• 1 December 2014
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I am attempting to attach multiple documents to an email.

Situation:
User is allowed to upload multiple documents with variable names. The documents are stored in SharePoint with a “Document Type” = Confirmation Letter Attachment. All documents upload with Confirmation Letter Attachment should be attached to the email.

Tested Implementation:
Created an Item Reference to store all SharePoint documents with “Document Type” = Confirmation Letter Attachment. Created an email event that uses the Inline function “Get File From SharePoint Item Reference(String)” This didn’t work, nothing was attached.

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

I would create a smartobject pointing to the document library on SharePoint.

Then I would use the Get List Items event of that smartobject, and in particular the document field and drag that into the attachment area in the e-mail wizard.

When prompted for input properties, supply your Document Type = Confirmation Letter Attachment as an input property and ensure that you return all records matching the filters on the last screen of the SmartObject wizard.

In this way at runtime it will call the smartobject looking at the document library and return all the documents and attach all of them to the e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if anything is unclear.

Regards,

JohanL

Badge +9

Hi,

If you are using Thick Client (Visual Studio / K2 Studio) you can use a wizard called SharePoint Search.

In the wizard you can specify a Library to Search in, and the Search Criteria.

You should be able to save the results in a content field and use it throughout the process.

The Thin Client (K2 Designer for SharePoint) has a wizard called Add Document Reference

-Jean