How to redirect workflow destination via a form?

• 1 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how best to deal with this:

User submits a form, which send a Client event (authorisation) to the named Authoriser

Authoriser goes on holiday, so the workflow is stuck.

Is is possible to report the status of the request on a Admin form (only accesable to named administrators/office staff)  and display that the request is with the Authoriser, but then allow them to redirect the Authorisation to someone else?

Rather than going to workspace, basically can office admin staff be able to redirect approvals stuck in the system?

Thanks,

6 replies

This can be done via the K2 Management page accessible by K2 admin users. If you want non-K2-admin users to be able to do this on a custom form you would have to use the K2 management API to create a service exposing K2 management features, create a smartobject using this service, and utilize it in the custom form to display worklist items for others and allow redirection. It's not a trivial undertaking. The K2 Management page is by far the easier method.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Shaun,

Thanks for the info,

Do you know of any step by step guides that can embed that Task List (on the K2 Management Page) into my admin form?

What permssions do these office staff require to be set in k2 to redirect jobs?

Alternatively, can they go directly to the Task List on the Management Page and only be able to see the Task List View only and no others tabs or areas on the management page?

Thanks

Actually while looking around for permissions controls I came across what might be more what you're looking for. Under the management site, under Users>Out of Office (to set auto-forward rules for tasks on out-of-office users) and Users>Task List (a more generic place to find tasks and redirect them). There does not appear to be any way to limit access to just those portions of the Management site that I can find. You can access those panes directly (https://<k2server>/Management/Runtime/Form/com.K2.System.Management.Form.ManagementTaskList and https://<k2server>/Management/Runtime/Form/com.K2.System.Management.Form.OutOfOffice), so I don't see any reason why you couldn't provide those links or display them as panes in another site. Just be aware that the users that need to access them will need to have Admin rights to the K2 server and if they did somehow visit the base Management site they would have full access to everything.

If there is a way to limit permissions and I'm just not seeing it, I would definitely be interested as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Unfortunately i am unable to give these Users Admin rights due to company policy on security, so is there any other step-by-step way where a Non-Admin can load up the Worklist of a specific process only and then approve/decline/redirect it?

I could get away by giving Admin Start/View/View PArticipate rights to the Process via Workspace, but not overall Admin rights to the server

Anyone got a Step by step way of doing this via the Management API?

I found this post: http://spandk2.blogspot.com/2016/06/k2-redirect-other-users-using-smartfom.html but does anyone know how he did it?

Is there a way of displaying the Task List for Workflows within a k2 View? If i set admin rights on the process, the users can get to the workflows, via the management page - workflow server - workflows - tasklist. Can this be displayed in a K2 form instead? I don't wanna expose the Management page URL to these Users who can redirect processes...

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I posted a ticket with K2, but unfortunately they will not help as it is not out of the box and therefore closed ticket.

I also tried to contact the person in that blog who has the solution, but no response.

Has anyone here been able to accomplish this or been in the same boat?

There must be a way to allow a user to re-direct (without admin rights to server) if the user has process admin rights...

Thanks

you can use my solution attached for administrator to rediret tasks from user to another user

and you have configration file to configer your connection

<add key="WorkflowServerName" value="localhost"/>
<add key="WorkflowServerPort" value="5252"/>
<add key="WindowsFixedUserName" value="dominadministrator"/>
<add key="WindowsFixedUserPassword" value="Password"/>
<add key="WorkflowServerManagementPort" value="5555"/>