Solved

How to make a REST Callout without a descriptor?(Swagger?)

• 6 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello!

We need to make a callout to a REST service to retrieve information. However, there is no descriptor. Idealy we would like to just provide the endpoint, the HTTP method (post/get etc) and any applicable headers and parameters. Do you absolutly need to have a descriptor? 

icon

Best answer by Steve11 10 October 2018, 00:45

View original

6 replies

Hello, I am not sure you read the question completly. There is not a swagger descriptor at all. How can we make REST callouts without a swagger descriptor?

Badge +9

Hi,

You cannot create a service Instance for REST endpoint without a Swagger Descriptor. And you cannot create a smartobject without a service instance. 

How are you trying to call the REST endpoint?

Regards,

Vijay.

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. We are just trying to make a callout from a workflow for example. If you could tell me the steps to create a REST callout without a swagger/descriptor file that would be greate!

I do not believe it is possible to do that without a descriptor file.
I am running into a similar issue with Jira since Jira does not publish one.
You should checkout restunited.com,
it allows you to create swagger descriptor files and you just provide parameters and response.

Badge +9

Its not possible without a swagger descriptor.

Please check this link for steps to create a REST Service Instance.

https://vijaydk2guy.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/k2-integration-with-rest-api-services/

No API we interact with as a swagger descriptor. Why has K2 overlooked the simple fact that a REST API may not have a swagger doc?