Licensing issues

Badge +4
Hi All,

I am getting this error everytime I try to run an activity having a client event:

The number of installed licenses for K2.net 2003 has been exceeded. The task item could not be allocated to the destination. Contact your administrator.

Pls help me to resolve this issue.

I am using K2.NET 2003 SP4

3 replies

Badge +3
Hi,

You're using a licensing model that only allows for a limited number of users. This number of licenses used is determined by the amount of distinct users the K2 Server has seen as destinations. Check how many distinct users have active worklist items and how many users your server allows (Service Manager). If you should have capacity then restart the K2 Server and you can continue.

Depending on your situation, number of expected users and if you're in development / production you will need to limit the set of users having work list items or change your licensing model to allow more users (or move to a CPU license that is unlimited users).

Regards,
Ashley
Badge +11
Is this in your dev or production environment?
If in production, I suggest you make contact with your local sales representative and increase the number of licenses you've bought.

You've obviously used more Actity Instance Destinations in your currently running and completed process instances than what your Named User License caters for.

Easiest solution is to redirect some of your worklist items (multiple users) to a single user and restart K2.net server. This will allow you to continue for another while but you will soon run into the same problem.

Remember: Each and every Unique Destination user occupies a license.

HTH,
Ockert
Badge +4
ashley and Ockert,

Hi.
Thanks for Replying .