Error in deploying Workflows

• 23 November 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,
I get the following error when i deploy a SharePoint Workflow Integration Process.

Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Access denied.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPFeatures.AddWorkflowFeature(String featureTitle, String description, Boolean isDefaultForms, K2SPStartForms startForms, K2SPTaskForm[] taskForms, K2SPModificationForm[] modForms)

Can anyone resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Makes sure the installation account has local admin rights, also ensure the moss app pool account is part of the Farm Administrators Group and Site collection administrators.

Grant modify permissions: [Program Files]Common FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions12TemplateFeatures
For the Administrator, K2Service Account, MOSS account, Workspace Account.
Also grant export rights to MOSS app pool account.

vernon

Badge +2

Hi,

Rights are given still get the same error.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Are you using SmartObjects? If so it is possible that the deployment user doesn’t have rights on the SmartObject. To grant permissions go to Workspace > Management Console > SmartObjects > Services. Find the SmartObject and grant permissions to the user here.

vernon

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm not using SmartObjects.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

It was a shot out of the hip...how are you attempting the deploy? Through studio or MSBUILD? Have you recently upgraded the Blackpearl Installation? If so please ensure that all servers are on the same version, you can check this in the add remove programs by enabling the show updates tick box. You can also try giving the MOSS app pool account dbo permissions on the SP Admin Config db Vernon