How to combine notification email for multiple destination users into one

• 28 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I have scenario in my workflow, when an activity is performed, another activity will be created. The new activity could be performed once by one of the users who are set in the destination users. 

Since anyone of destination users can perform and complete the task,  it is expected that all the users are included in the To list of the same email. if anyone performs the acitivity, all other users are also notified in the same email.

Now the problem is, I chose  Plan Just Once, one activity is created, all the destination users receive an email respectively with the same serial number. Is there possible that all the destination users receive only one email jointly, with all their names in the To list?

Thanks and regards,

SH

3 replies

Badge +8

shwu,

You can create a sub workflow. Create a "For Each" rule that calls the sub workflow for each person in the list. Once the sub workflow is complete it can action a task on the main workflow.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +4

2 things:

1. Sub-WF activity can be achieved by Email Activity also. With Join expression. I'm doing that already.

2. Only problem is when the task is redirected, it is not sending email as it's email activity. Even sub-WF won't be started automatically in this case.

Has anybody found solution? I want to have some of destination users in 'To' & some dest users in 'Cc' but in one email for starting.