Error While Installing K2 Studio

Badge +2

Hi..

I downloaded K2 Studio from partner site and my installation stuck at "K2 blackpearl Setup Manager" screen and it wont allow me to proceed to next step. I already created a database "K2" in my sql server, and connect SQL server in administrator rights. 

Please Help me on this.

Here I attached screenshot of the ERROR.Please refer to it.

14482i3749875C1B917584.png
15707i04EB2C7FD4E5A968.png

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi ManiBarathy,

Check if:

1. your SQL instance is running on default port or dynamic ports.

2. there is a firewall between your machine and the SQL server. Make sure the SQL ports (e.g. 1433) is opened

Your can make use of Window's ODBC Datasource Administrator app to test the connection to SQL first, before running the K2 blackpearl setup manager.

JK.

Badge +2

I Checked it, My default port is (1433) is opened and its running on dynamics ports.

but still cant install it.

11573i5E88A8B13878122E.png
Badge +5

Hi, ManiBarathy

For Error setup 2.png

The installation account needs permissions on the SQL server. The installation account will be used to connect to the SQL server-->K2 Database and retrieve the settings required for object browser.

Kind Regards

Julia

Badge +5

Hi ManiBarathy,

When you say you "created a database 'K2' " in your sql server, I assume you ran the blackpearl setup manager and completed the whole setup without issue? Can you start up your K2 Workspace?

From your machine, have you tested using ODBC to the K2 database? Have you tried telnet to the SQL server's port 1433?

Can you check if the user you are logged in as on the machine is granted rights to the DB? Using MS SQLMgmt Studio, navigate to Security > Login, double click on the user, look under "User Mapping", find K2 DB and check what's the rights granted.

JK.

Badge +4

Hi @ManiBarathy,

And I also suggest to do a telnet test to see if it connects without errors

Make sure that your K2 account or the account used to connect to SQL have “sysadmin” rights this can be done as follow:

Open “SQL Server Management Studio” > Login to server > Under server name expand “Security” > Expand “Logins” > Locate k2 user or user being used > Right click “Properties” > Select “Server Role” > Tick “sysadmin” > Finish

HTH 

Regards

Quintin