Solved

How do I change the task form for a workflow task?

• 21 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We are using K2 for SharePoint.  I have created smartobjects, views, forms, and workflow

The first step of my workflow assigns a task to the user.

The outcomes are approve, reject, reassign.

1.  I want each of the outcomes to be a button.

2.  I want to add a comment field to the task - that is required when they click the Reject button.

And while I'm on the subject of tasks.  How can I make it so that if the user decides to click the link to his task (in the email) after he completes the task, it doesn't pop up an ugly message about access to the task.

Is there some documentation that dives deeper into tasks somewhere that I haven't found?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by boringNerd1 24 October 2016, 10:20

View original

5 replies

Badge +15

Assuming you have already created smartforms for creating, editing and displaying an item on your SharePoint List/Library,

1. Go to your SharePoint List/Library, click on List > Application

2. Click on Form Settings, and select the SmartForms you have created

3. Edit your workflow

4. Modify your User Task, and on the page where you specify the Form, expapnd it.

5. Click on Action Settings

6. Select 'I will configure the actions later'

13. If you want to add a text area for comments, you can just add it into your form design, and under your 'When Reject Button is clicked rule', add a condition to check if the text area is not empty.

14. Once you are done, save the form and check in your changes.

Badge +1

Thank you for the excellent answer.  Easy to follow and exactly what I was looking for.

Badge +4

It is a very useful answer but i have couple of queries as i am very new to K2 :

1- How was the task form created for the workflow. As far i know K2 app will generate me one New, Dispaly and Edit form only. So did you use this only or did you create a new one from scratch and then use in your workflow. Will be great if you can elaborate.

2- Can this same thing be done if i do not use SmartForm but only want to use OOB SP form? Is there a way to do that?

I have even raised a query in community so if you can assist will be great help!!

Link to my question :

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Add-quot-Comments-quot-Section-in-the-default-task-pane/m-p/97335#M31670

Thanks in advance!

Badge +15

Hi VerManiac,

1. You can either use the New, Display, or Edit form generated for you, or you can create a new form from scratch, then use it in your workflow. Regardless which one you use, you can always use K2 Designer to edit it.

2. I don't think this can be done with SharePoint forms. SharePoint does not provide an interface that allows you to configure buttons to action your workflow tasks. SmartForms however, has rules that can allow you to do that.

Badge +4

Thanks for your response, i did some RnD post this question and concluded the same however was awaiting validtion from someone from the community.

Thanks again!!