Solved

How can i edit the existing Smart Object

Hi there,

Can any one please advise me for editing an existing Smart Object which is used for displaying the Divisions from Divisions Table.

This is directly created on the Divisions Table and now there are some of the Divisions are no need to display and they are not Active(Not Active=0).

I want to edit this Smart Object to add this Condition for not displaying the Not Active=0 divisons on the list.  Is this possisble ??

If this Smart Object created on Stored Proc i can able to modify the Stored Procedure and republish this Smart Object and it won't affect  any of the Smart Forms.

Please advise me how i am going to achieve this or any other alternative solutions.

Regards,
Jags.

icon

Best answer by BryanPeters 13 July 2017, 18:48

View original

3 replies

Badge +8

Jags, 

One way to accomplish this is to add a column to your table. For active divisions put active. For inactive divisions put inactive. The in the view or form that is pulling the smartobject data when the form or view initializes and calls the smartobject configure the rule to filter out where the column equals inactive. Or it only shows where column_status is equal to active. I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for but I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your reply.  

Yes, it works if i go and configure the filter in the View Initializing on Smart Object configuration.  

But i have to do it for all the Forms which are using this Divisions Drop Down List on live environment.

Is there any other alaternative ways to do it...?

Thanks,

Jags

Badge +8

Jags,

You would have to sort this in each process you built using that SmartObject. I have never tried to directly order a SQL table for this purpose but You can try ordering the Divisions column. I think the syntax would be something similar to below. Keep in mind you can always create a SQL view of the table and just create a Smartobject off of the view.

SELECT column1, column2, ...
FROM table_name
ORDER BY column1, column2, ... ASC|DESC;

Or..

SELECT * FROM DB Name
ORDER BY Division DESC;

I do not know if any of this will work for you but it might be worth a shot.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters