Strange behavior in events inside an activity

• 21 November 2008
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue.

I have an activity which has a client event and then a mail notification event.

I am trying to debug the code but the control does not seem to be going to the notification event.

Is it possible that the mail notification event does not get fired for each destination user of the activity?

I did not think so but seeing this behavior, I am forced to think this.

I even tried putting a server event with only a event log entry creation but there is no entry created in the event log even.

Can somebody explain this behavior?

My requirement is that when a destination user acts on the activity, I need to send a mail to certain group of people sending them his response.

Is there any other way of achieving this?

Please try to respond asap as it is very critical and I have very less time.

Regards,

Ritesh

6 replies

Badge +10

Once the user completes the client event, does it move on in the process?  Is there a next step? is there only 1 user for this client event or is it going to a role etc?

Also what are you using for planning. Plan just once?

Badge +4

Hi Chris,

The activity instance gets created for the next destination user.

I am using "All at once" but I am setting destination users based on their level programmatically in the code for destination rule.

I have destination users on different levels to whom i need to send task as per their levels.

So i am looping through the levels.

The process moves to the next activity once the destination users for the activity are completed.

Badge +9

If you view the Process Overview and the ViewFlow reports for this process instance does it show anything about this email event?

Is it at all possible that the instances in question are running on versions of the process that did not have the email event in it (e.g. is the email event a recent addition to the process definition)?

Badge +4

Hi Bob,

I checked the Process overview and it shows the next activity being done.

Badge +9

In your initial post you mention trying to debug the code.  Just to confirm, do you mean using the Visual Studio debugger?  If not, I'd recommend trying it it (check this post for details: http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/21951.aspx). 

If you have already tried using the VS debugger, what version of K2 blackpearl do you have installed?  There was some issues with using the VS Debugger with the initial 0807 version that has since be resolved with the update KB 330 release.

Badge +4

Bob,

I am using Visual Studio Debugger.

I have already installed the KB 330 update but I am facing this problem.