Notification when workflow are on error status

• 25 February 2008
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello,

i was wondering if there's a way to get an email every time that a workflow status becomes "error", in order to fix the problem as soon as possible. Does anyone have a solution for this (with K2.net 2003 SP4) ?

Thank you for your help. have a nice day.

4 replies

Badge +9

You can build a process level exceptin handler into the process definition that will send an email.  There is an example of this discussed within the Exception Handling of KB 161 (http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000161.aspx).

HTH.

Badge +3

Hello,

thank you for your answer, it is exactly what i was looking for. So if i understand what's written in this KB, i should write a function that triggers whenever an error occurs. I have seen there is a sample function in the KB article, so this part should be ok.

However what i dont understand is where i should put this function, for example if i want to handle errors at process level ( every error coming from this process is handled by a single function ), where should i write this function? i have not seen this explained in the KB, may i have a little help about it please? i really have no idea where i should put this function.

Thanks again for your answer, it's very helpfull.

Badge +9

Hi Malkir,

Assuming you have the process open in K2.net Studio:

- right click on the process name within Solution Explorer (or right click on an empty portion of the process design canvas)

- select "Properties"

- select "Exceptions" on the left hand pane of the dialog

- click "Edit Code" button

You should now be looking at the Exception Code Block for the process.

HTH.

Bob

Badge +3
Thanks a lot for your help, it was very clear.