Best practices for upgrading to 807

• 15 October 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I am getting ready to upgrade a MOSS farm (about K2 server obviously :-) ) from K2 blackpearl 803 to the 807 release, and I want to see what hints and/or best practices there were for making the upgrade as hassle free as possible.

I looked around the "Getting Start" guide and it appears to be the same (or very similar) to the 803 guide, so I didn't see any specific mention of upgrading.

Specifically what I am curious about is what is the recommend order of installing the updates? K2 server first then web front ends I presume? Also, are there any pitfalls to the upgrade procedure that I should look out for?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +2

Well apparently something went wrong, as I can't even run the install on one of the MOSS front ends.

2944385813_66e66f73df_o.png 

the complete text of which reads:

Exception: Method not found: 'Void SourceCode.Install.Common.SC_Product..ctor(System.Xml.XmlDocument)'.
StackTrace:    at SourceCode.MasterSetup.Program.GetCurrentProducts()
   at SourceCode.MasterSetup.Program.Main()

Badge +9

Just to check, did you upgrade the K2 Servers and the databases first or did you do the K2 MOSS component upgrade first?

Badge +2

I upgrade the K2 server first, and that went fine. The install ran, and then the configuration manager ran.

Then next I went to fire that up on the MOSS front-end, and the installer won't even launch. The same failure happens on both MOSS front-ends.

I have redownloaded the installer twice (thinking it might have been corrupted) but that didn't fix anything. I am going ahead and opening a support ticket on this, as I have already wasted a day and there is nothing else I can do to resolve this on my own.

Badge +9

Please go ahead and open a ticket on this as this doesn't sound normal.

If possible also attach up the install and configuration logs as well.  Also scan the event logs to see if there are any abnormal errors there as well.