How can I delete completed instances in Blackpearl 4.6.8

• 31 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Could you please explain me how we can delete completed instances in Blackpearl 4.6.8.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I'm not sure you can delete them so much as archive them to another K2 database. The K2 Workspace as a section called "Archiving" under the "Workflow Server" node that should get you started.

Userlevel 2

Hi MJ1,

Completed process instances are logged to the K2ServerLog database for historical and reporting purposes, unfortunately there is no user friendly way to delete the individual completed process instances.

It is however possible to delete a specific version of a process definition and all of the historical data for that version of
the process definition using Workspace. However, please note that this will delete all process instances associated with the version of the process definition that is deleted, including Active instances etc.
That said, I suggested you take a look at this functionality in the development environment before using it in production.

I hope this answers your question, should you find the above information useful to your problem please Mark as "Accepted Solution and/ Kudo"

Thank you.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

Hello MJ1,

Workflow instances can be deleted from the management site. In workspace, navigate to Managament -> Workflow Server -> Workflows.

SELECT a specific workflow, and then SELECT a specific workflow instance . The status of the instance should be "complete"/"finish" since you want to delete only the completed instances.

I hope this post was useful in resolving the issue. Should you find it helpful, please mark it as such by "Accept as Solution" or "Kudo" as it will help other community members who encounter a similar issue.

Regards,

Katleho.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hello MJ1,

As discussed on my previous post, I realised that is it actually not possible to delete the completed instances and that in fact when a process completes, it moves to reports as depicted on the image below.

Otherwise, if you really want to have completed ones deleted specifically, it is advisable to log a K2 support ticket to request assistance for removing completed instances.

Regards,

Katleho