TTN
Novice

Hide and Show some section in the view

I want to be able to show some section in the view depend on the questions Yes or No?

Example:

Are you currently married?     Yes      No. (No default answer when the form initialze)

If user selects YES then I want to show the section below

What year did you married? --------------- (enter value)

Where did you married? ---------------------- (enter value)

If the user selects NO then I want to show the section below

When will you plan to get married  -------

How do I achieve this in K2.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AhmadAbdullah
Apprentice

Re: Hide and Show some section in the view

Dear,

Let me try and explain the scenario in good way,

yes,no is a radio button.

other 2 questions are 2 labels and 2 other radio buttons.

to accomplish what u want, u need to add following rules.

when a control on the form/view raises an event , u will choose the first radio button control and the event is changed, inside this event u will add advanced condition which is if value is yes, and inside this event u will add action, 4 actions to be specific which are:

show first question label,show second question label, show first question radio button, show second question radio button.

or u could wrap the 2 labels and the 2 radio buttons inside of table control, and show/hide this table.

btw, these controls should be hidden since ur default radio button is "no" and only show if its yes.

Hope it helps,

Regards.

0 Kudos
TTN
Novice

Thanks AhmadAbdullah.

You are corrected

The Question "Are you currently married?"   - Have two radio button ( Yes      No)

when the user select YES radio button , I want to show

Section 1

What year did you married? (this a label)  --------------- (----- This is a date field - User enter calendar)

Where did you married? ---------------------- (this is a text box field )

If user selects "NO" radio button I want to hide Section 1 and Show Section 2

Section 2

When will you plan to get married? (this is a label)  -------  (----- This is a date field - User enter calendar)

and vice versa.

So you suggest that I put "Section 1" and Section 2" in two table then hide and show these tables depend on the user selection (Yes or NO)?

Is that correct?

Thanks,

TTN

0 Kudos
Andrey_Kholinov

Use Table control inside a view and put your controls in the table making a group. Tables have names and can be accessed in K2 rule designer, so you will be able to eaily hide/show tables with all the controls inside them. So you will need just a single rule instead on N-number of rules to hide/show all the elements one by one.

0 Kudos