Hide a List View List

• 15 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

See below,

13752i4503C4F882251CDA.jpg

I want to hide the EDITABLE List View LIST Border, any ideas how to acheive this? I have tried unticking visible for everything inside the List View, but i can still the borders etc, any ideas?

The LIST itself needs to be hidden on the List view, as i have stuff above it and use the Hidden LIST to run some rules.

Any way of hiding it or collapsing it?

This is a Standalone LIST VIEW, it's not on a Form etc

4 replies

Badge +11

You will want to put this list view on a form.  Form rules can show/hide views.  

David

Badge +15

There is no way you can do this. The easiest way is to add the view into a form, then set the view visibility. That will just hide all the view, including the form.

There might be a way to hide it using literal data label with javascript to modify the CSS. But after inspecting the elements in an editable list view, I noticed the border styles are applied directly onto certain classes. It is not too bad if you are planning on using the view alone. But if you are going to add the view to a form, and the form contains other list views, that piece of javascript will affect to all borders in all your list views.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
I can't hide the VIEW on the Form, as it will hide all the View, i have other controls about the LIST which i want to display.

I am now looking to split my controls on multiple views instead, so maybe, just maybe i can hide this LIST (in its own list view alone) and keeps my other controls visible, but its a faff on as all the rules will need to be put on the form level and experience tells me that form rules work depending on which direction the wind is blowing. Today, its a north-westerly and i'm not having much success :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It might be painful to move your controls out of the list view, but I think it will ultimately be more maintainable in the future. I find it to be a best practice to seperate list views from other controls unless those other controls "belong" to the list view and would be hidden/shown along with it.

It might not be so bad, though - while there isn't a copy+paste for rules, you can have the old view and new view side-by-side and recreate the rules that way. Time consuming and perhaps prone to error but hopefully a better approach than recreating from scratch.